måndag 4 januari 2010

Leila's Rocky Road

To me, nothing says christmas like that 5 minute cooking show one of the swedish tv channels used to broadcast every morning (with the exceptions of fridays) during the month of december a couple of years ago. Sadly, they don't anymore...and I won't lie, without that show, december mornings mostly feel like a waste of air, space and days. December evenings on the other hand, not so much. Mainly due to the fact that another swedish television channel (God bless them) airs a show featuring one of the chefs introduced in the earlier programme, Leila Lindholm. Funnily enough, I did not like her at all to begin with. She's pretty. She bakes. Her boobs are bigger than mine. It's only lately that I've begun to appreciate her (and her recipes, despite her having a whole lot more of a sweet tooth than I do.)

By the way - Feel free to ignore the crappy quality of the two images of the final products. I was a bit too distracted by shoving down as many rocky roads down my throat before J. would realize what I was up too to bother taking decent photographs. Sorry. :P




Leila's Rocky Road
Recipe by: Leila Lindholm - CLICK

About 12 "cookies" (huge cookies, I might add. We made a bunch of smaller ones instead)

600g dark (good quality) chocolate - 70 %
2 bags (440g) "dumlekola" - toffee with a coat of chocolate. Yum.
2 handfulls of mini marshmallows - we used regular size cut in fours.
3 dl salted peanuts (a bit less than1 1/2 cup)
1 dl pistachio nuts (a little less than 1/2 cup)

The process is really simple - just melt the chocolate in a waterbath and mix everything together. Spread out in a baking pan covered with parchment paper and allow to cool in fridge. When firm, cut in squares. Store in an airtight box (in the fridge) Et voila. :)

The Verdict? I've said it before and I'll most likely say it again - generally, sweet stuff isn't my cup of tea. Don't get me wrong - I'll eat it, but I'm not crazy about it. I'd rather drown in chips than in cupcakes, if you know what I mean - but I have to say, the mix of salty and sweet in this candy was not bad... to be honest, I loved them (as did everybody else who tasted them). So, so delicious. I wasn't too fond of the marshmallows though and if I ever make them again, I'll most likely either reduce the amount or replace them with walnuts or something...you can never go wrong with walnuts. Ever.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar